Wednesday 23 July 2014

IMATS haul

So this year was my very first trip to IMATS and let me tell you it did not disappoint! The International Makeup Artist Trade Show hosts some of the best makeup brands and suppliers with insane discounts. As soon as I walked in I thought I had died and gone to makeup heaven <3

As a freelance makeup artist I tried to strike a balance between buying things for my personal makeup collection and investing money in products for my kit - it was so hard to control myself because there was just so much choice! So here's everything that I bought from IMATS...


Most essential item first: false lashes! I picked up 4 pairs of falsies from the eyelash emporium for £5.99 each (RRP £9.99 each). I got lashes in Miami, Paris, Tokyo and Los Angeles. The lovely women at the stand also gave me a free set of falsies and applied them for me! I will definitely be buying more of these, even at full price they're totally worth it.



I've been lusting after face lace for quite some time and finally got my hands on some. These are the 'mini fleurty' - I'm not entirely sure when I'll use these but I'd love to work a look for a future photoshoot! I purchased these for £12


Okay so my inner magpie couldn't resist all of the glitter at the NYX stand! The glitterati glitter cream palette is super popular and I'm already in love, especially since I got this bad boy for only £5!!! With an RRP of £14 this was a total no brainer. I also purchased 5 of the glitter gels for face body and hair for only £1 each in the colours 01 Silver Lake, 02 Sweet Honey, 03 Blue Hawaii, 07 Moonshine and 12 Goldie. The last thing from NYX is the 10 colour eye shadow palette in Velvet Rope, a collection of gorgeous purple, pink and navy shades. This palette was only £3, NYX was definitely the star for discount buys!


Another lust of mine is OCC lip tars - these are such a popular cult product I couldn't simply walk past when they were priced at only £10 each. I bought a bright pink (Pretty Boy), a peachy nude (Interlace) and one of the metallic lip tars in Black Metal Dahlia.


Following my trend of buying and trying lots of new products and brands, I purchased a couple of lovely little gems from sugarpill cosmetics! Loose chromalust eye shadow in magpie, a beautiful rich navy (£10) and a pressed eye shadow in Kitten Parade, a light and playful nude pink/peach colour with a gorgeous gold reflect (£7)


I was so excited to discover a tiny little Lime Crime stand hidden in the midst of the IMATS crazyness - I wasn't expecting to find this brand at all! I picked up the 'Poisonberry' lipstick for £10 and I cannot stop wearing it.


The Stargazer stand was much better than I anticipated - I got a few quirky items I can use for photographic work. The false nails were £3 and have gorgeous detailing. There was a paperlash stand but I decided to try out the stargazer ones (plus these were much cheaper at 3 for £10) I bought bows, roses and butterfly designs. The jars of nail decor large sequins look great and I can't wait to do my nails to use them for some nice nail art.


Now Crownbrush is were I spent the most money - mainly because I have such a huge wish list of their products already! I found some great little mixing bowls for a few pounds and I picked up the lip gloss palette which has a great range of colours. I also got the brand new foundationd from crownbrush - this was first released at IMATS before the website and I'm so glad I got my hands on one of the first few! I sense a review for this coming up very soon...


The brushes are amazing from crownbrush - super soft, super affordable! I can't remember the exact prices of the brushes but the smaller eye shadow/liner brushes were only around £2/3 each.
From top left: Kabuki foundation brush, large duo fibre stippling brush, bent liner brush, angled liner brush (this brush is double ended with a mascara spoolie, this brush is ideal for getting perfect brows!), small fan brush, tapered concealer/lip brush, angled liner brush, fluffy blending brush.

I absolutely loved IMATS and I cannot wait for next year. I'm looking forward to experiementing with all my lovely new products and I'll be doing lots of tutorials and reviews on many of the products I bought.

I think I might go for the entire weekend next year - so much makeup, so little time...


No comments:

Post a Comment