Monday 11 August 2014

Maybelline Colour Tattoo eye shadows




Maybelline colour tattoo shadows have been out for a while and I've been slowly collecting each colour. Used alone these shadows don't crease even on my oily lids and can be used as a light wash or solid colour. The shadows are also amazing bases for underneath eye shadows to increase the pigmentation of the look - I love using the black, charcoal, purple or navy to create intense smokey eyes.




Left to right: 05 eternal gold, 75 24K gold, 35 on and on bronze, 40 permanent taupe, 60 timeless black, 55 immortal charcoal

Left to right: 65 pink gold, 70 metallic pomegranate, 25 everlasting navy, 20 turquoise forever, 15 endless purple

Taupe and black are the only matte colours in the collection but I really wish there were more. I love every colour but a lot are very bright or shimmery so harder for every day use. I wear permanent taupe and pink gold quite a lot as they're such great colours for those 'can't be bothered' makeup days - a light wash and a flash of mascara and you're good to go in 30 seconds.

The creamy formula means these shadows blend extremely well and I was surprised at how little they creased throughout the day! Set with a powder they last all day without budging an inch so a big smokey eye will look just as good at the end of the night as it did when it's first applied.


I used immortal charcoal and timeless black as bases for a classic smokey eye and this photo was taken at the end of the night. I've never know an eye shadow last so well after a 7 hour shift working in a hot, sweaty nightclub - it's a miracle i swear.

Have any of you tried maybelline colour tattoo eye shadows? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below!

Hannnah x

No comments:

Post a Comment