Wednesday 30 July 2014

MUA velvet lacquers new spring shades

Since the release of the first 5 shades of the velvet luxe lacquers I have been in love with them, but when they announced the release of four new shades I had to get my hands on them. Because MUA are so lovely they sent me a discount code on my birthday for 20% off - the lip lacquers are only £3 each so all four only cost £9.80 with my discount code!



The first 5 shades released were a mix of red, purple, bright orange and two shades of bright pink. I absolutely love these but these bold shades aren't always suitable for more natural looks or with a strong eye. the new collection is comprised of more wearable shades perfect for spring.


Top left: Tranquility. Top right: Halcyon. Bottom left: Serene. Bottom right: Aflush

Tranquility is a perfect nude shade that would look great on any skin tone. Halcyon is very similar put has a slightly more orange tone to it and I think this would look amazing with a good tan! Serene is a very girly pastel pink - I'm usually pretty afraid of using any lip colour that is lighter than my skin tone but this is such a fun girly shade. Aflush is actually a lot more neon than the picture shows and is a fab summer colour, you don't need much other makeup as this one really packs a punch!


Tranquility and Halcyon are my favourites as they are incredibly versatile - the nude shades go with any makeup look. In this photo I'm wearing 'Halcyon' and I've been wearing this almost every day since purchasing, it just goes with everything!!

The only negative is that the formula is extremely drying but that is down to the velvet finish, make sure you use a very good lip balm/butter and exfoliate before applying to ensure a flawless finish without flaking.

Have any of you tried these new shades? Please share your thoughts!

Hannah x



No comments:

Post a Comment